Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference with platforms such as Zoom?
Zoom et al. are not developed to handle a conference from start to end, here is a brief list of what you can do on CarbonFreeConf that is not possible on other platforms.
- There is no download to access the conference, your participants just go on our website and it's done.
- You can organize the whole conference from A to Z by yourself or as a team in no time.
- In the conference room, participants can draw, use a white board, chat, send questions to presenters, send new results on twitter. There are Q&A, polls, the possibility to add handouts, share screen, videos, connect from mobile phones without download...
- From the information you give us, a complete website with more than 10 pages is created for your conference (see an example here).
- Participants register to your webinar on the conference website, they add their abstract and you can decide to validate the talk or not.
- You have an admin interface to add your participants, send emails to them, make your conference program that will be visible on your website.
- When the conference is over, the participants can write their proceedings (if needed) on our website where we store them and give access to them.
- You can record the conference that would then be stored on our side and accessible via our website and/or youtube if wanted, which would be a gold mine for researchers in your field and an opportunity for presenters to share their work to a larger audience than usual.
- You can also upload the slides and/or posters of your attendees and these can be public or private to the rest of the world as chosen by the participants
- You can ask for a small participation fee to your participants to cover the expenses.
Can I organize regular meetings with your service?
This is possible and less expensive. Contact us for more detail.
Can I organize a conference for 5000 persons with different rooms running simultaneously?
This is possible. When you create a conference, first create a master conference, which will host the master website of the conference and the plenary sessions. Then you get a code that can be given to researchers that want to organize the different sessions within this conference. They can go and create their meeting on CarbonFreeConf and then just say it is a daughter conference and give the master conference code to get it linked.
Can I tweak my conference website even more?
We take all suggestions and would be happy to improve your conference website if needed. Contact us with some details.
Do I have access to all the tools with the free version?
Yes you do. The free version is for meetings with less than 50 participants for one day. The only thing that you cannot have for free is a very reactive human to answer the questions your particpants may have. To get this support, you have the option to pay some additional fees in the free version (you will see the option to tick when you go to the payment section). Check the tutorial page to know more.
Have another question? Feel free to Send Us an Email or contact us via our form.